Monday, September 05, 2005

Sexy Tractors

My husband has this thing about country music. (I really don't know what else to call it since it isn't so much that he likes it, but you'd have to hear him talk about it to truly understand.) One of the songs that he really, really, really likes is She thinks my Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney. The song goes something like this:

Plowing these fields in the hot summer sun
Over by the gate lordy here she comes
With a basket full of chicken and a big cold jug of sweet tea
I make a little room and she climbs on up
Open up a throttle and stir a little dust
Just look at her face she ain’t a foolin me

She thinks my tractor’s sexy
It really turns her on
She’s always staring at me
While I’m chuggin along
She likes the way it’s pullin’ while we’re tillin’ up the land
She’s even kind of crazy ’bout my farmer’s tan
She’s the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor’s sexy

Full lyricks can be found at LyricsFreaks.com While I may not appreciate the full depth and meaning of a sexy tractor, I thought about people who might. So I wrote a short short about the encounter between a man, a woman and a sexy tractor. Since I'm aspiring to do something with the short, I don't want to ruin any first time publication writes. But I'd like to share it with you, if you are interested in reading it. It's 777 words long. Email me and I'll send you a copy. By the by, the invite was the whole point of this post. Talk about making a short story long.

No comments: