Friday, January 20, 2006

A Good Idea

I so wish my current company had something like this

As the company [Google] grew, the most useful aspect of MOMA [Google's intranet] for me was the phone list, which contained the title, email address, IM name, photo, extension and location of everyone on the payroll. The individual's name would be linked to a list of his or her quarterly goals and objectives, so you could understand exactly where your proposed project was likely to fit in their priority list before you even spoke with them.

If I have to chastize someone about shipping a package the wrong way, I'd like to know where s/he stands on the totem pole. Afterall, I'd phrase it a bit differently if it was a vice president than if it was the bloke sitting upstairs.

via Xooglers

No comments: