Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A New Look at Temptation

I don't know the whole story behind Neil Gaiman posting these lyricks, but I like them nonetheless.

Just Me & Eve

She pushes through the bushes, she's the apple of my eye,
She's got her finger on the pinnacle, she's naked as a sigh,
And there's a serpent in the turpentine, it's lurking in the leaves,
And this is it:
It's just me and Eve...

Well I say, Madam, she says Adam, she says, simply take a nibble
It's no intertribal libel, neither question it nor quibble,
And to follow she'll extol it in a low recitative,
And this is it:
It's just me and Eve

She polishes it up till it glows.
It's the pippin with the pip of a rose.
She'll dissolve my harmless qualms with a song.
She says it's just a little apple what could possibly go wrong?

By now the viper's getting riper, and it hisses out, now listen
All that glisters isn't golden, but who says it's gonna glisten?
And it adds (it was an adder) it would hurt it to deceive --
So this is it
It's just me and Eve

She said, Adam, I said, Madam, Now your yen for horticulture
Took the pardon from our garden (home to vampire, vole and vulture),
She was naked that's a given but she'd something up her sleeve
And this was it: it's just me and Eve

Well I took the apple out of her hand,
It was red and green and utterly grand,
And Eve she started singing along,
She says, it's just a little apple what could possibly go wrong?

So I took it with a look that said I'm puzzled but acceding,
And I took a final look around the nook we call our eden,
She says, Me or the big G babe, who you going to believe?
And that was it: it's just me and Eve

There was fire in the air all around,
And everybody fell to the ground.
An angel started banging a gong
I said, it's just a little apple is that possibly so wrong?

So we wind up on the outside that's the downside of our dinner,
Was i truly that unruly or original a sinner?
So we grizzle in the drizzle, with no hope of a reprieve
And this is it
It's just me and Eve

No comments: