Monday, December 05, 2005

Book Review VI

Title: Across the Wall

Author: Garth Nix

Genre: Fantasy, Short Story Collection

Summary: A compilation of shorts published in various places by superb fantasy writer.

What was Good: I loved the short based on the title. The "rest of the story" between Nick Sayer and Lisrael is revealed.

Nix also provides an introduction for each piece the explains the how, where and why of its existence.

What wasn't: I really want more Old Kindgom stories and the one here just left me hanging for more.

The Take-Away: I'm glad I spent the time reading it. Nix shows excellent use of voice. It was inspiring to see how he has grown as a writer, in short bursts.

Recommendation: Check it out from the library and laugh at the introductions and Nix's modesty.

No comments: