Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Holly by Jude Deveraux

Title: Holly

Author: Jude Deveraux

Genre: Romance

Summary: Holly Latham searches for new old houses to rescue and finds herself being rescued instead by Nick Taggert.

What was Good: The dialogue and sparks between Holly and Nick are what longtime readers of Jude Deveraux love.

What wasn't: As with all too many of Jude's lastest books, plot holes are patched and the cracks show through the spackling.

The Take-Away: The first romances I ever read were by Jude Deveraux and I loved them. In fact, I'd pull out certain titles (Wishes, The Raider, River Lady) before I'd read a new one. I hoped that with the return of the Taggarts that things would have improved. Sadly, that was not the case.

Recommendation: Read it, but don't expect the best from her.

No comments: