Monday, February 11, 2008

Thoughts on the Grammys

Usually, I don't watch award shows. However, I didn't have anything better to do with the arctic chill running rampant in my backyard. And I have a husband who does.

Chalk it up as quality time.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the modest dress that the stylists designed for the evening's theme. Almost every outfit was tasteful and complimentary, even with some big challenges (Aretha Franklin looked stunning in her pale yellow dress, but I did question the silver thing that Tina Turner was dressed in.)

I love the song Carrie Underwood sang, but have a hard time believing that any man in his right mind would cheat on her. She's stunning and sexy.

If I may, what is up with 50 and 60 year old women trying to look like they are in their 20s still? Everyone knows you were a star in the 70s or 80s. It's no big deal to age gracefully. I don't remember the name of the woman Kid Rock presented with, but what a feisty delight! She should be a role model for some of those fakers.

Oh, and Jason Bateman? You're not as funny as you think you are. It was gratuitous laughter. Or delight to be there. It definitely wasn't you.

What was your favorite part of the show?

No comments: