Thursday, February 07, 2008

News Blues by Marianne Mancusi

Title: News Blues

Author: Marianne Mancusi

Publisher: Dorchester Publishing

ISBN 978-0-505-52749-3, $6.99, February 26, 2008, 336 pages

Genre: Chick Lit

Summary: Maddy's stumbled on the story of a lifetime only her news program is more interested in keeping advertisers happy than breaking-up a drug cartel.

The Take-Away: Mancusi's two-time Emmy award winning background really lent authenticity to the behind the scenes of the evening news. On the one hand, I knew things liked comped products and biased reporting happens. On the other hand, would a station really ignore a story as important as Maddy's?

Maddy is a very lovable character who is someone I'd like to be friends with. I loved her spunk and desire to do the right thing, even when she knows it will get her fired. The romance in this novel is low-key, but has a couple of nice twists (and if I share, it would ruin the storyline, so you'll need to read it for yourself :) )

Thank you, Marianne, for providing the ARC, and such a great story. Novels like this convince me that Chick Lit still has a place in the publishing world.

Recommendation: Want to read it? Leave a comment and I'll draw one lucky winner to pass my copy to.

Technorati tag:

2 comments:

Bethany K. Warner said...

This is funny. I requested this same ARC from Marianne and I'm about 1/2way through it.

Stacie Penney said...

I'm really surprised that you have it! I loved it. You'll have to let me know what you think.