Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Things You Learn By Having Boys

I don't often blog about my kids, on purpose. I'm a little fearful, I guess, about what might happen either now or later. But I never would have learned the following if I didn't have boys.

  1. Lego guys don't need hands. In fact, it's better if they don't have hands because it gives you an excuse to dump out the whole bucket and find the hands at the very bottom.
  2. Football cards aren't just for learning stats about the players. They also can be used to play football with, just like action figures.
  3. It's very cool to jump from the top bunk of the bed to the floor. Never mind that your brother is standing there and you out weigh him by 15 pounds. He'll catch you.

Boys are so very different than girls. And I wasn't a girly-girl either. I love kids.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

The cards. The cards! My students are addicted to Pokemon and football cards. They were amazsed when I told them that my brother financed his first apartment after college by selling his collection. I hope their parents don't hate me when they have to store these football cards forever...

Stacie Penney said...

Part of me thinks, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for them (which could be nothing or a fortune.) And yet, you hear all the time of fortunes thrown away by moms bent on having clean rooms.