October 1st always means two exciting things for me: Autumn is underway and NaNoWriMo.org is just around the corner.
- Drums of autumn by Diana Gabaldon
- Firestorm by Rachel Caine
- The Camel Club by David Baldacci
- Wizard's Hall by Jane Yolen
- Wives and Sisters by Natalie Collins
- The Buried Pyramid by Jane M. Lindskold
- Truck: A Love Story by Michael Perry
- Ten Percent of Nothing by Jim Fisher
- Bloodstream by Tess Gerritson
- Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Romantically Challenged by Beth Orsoff
- Don't Be Afraid by Rebecca Drake
- The Time-Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Vincalis the Agitator by Holly Lisle
- Once Upon Stilettos by Shanna Swendson
For the year, I’ve read 102 books, or 38,361 pages, which averages to 11 books a month, or 4,262 pages per month, and an average book length of 374 pages.
This will be my third year of NaNo. I'm really looking forward to exploring the idea that I have formed in my head. It seems really fun, unlike how last year's turned out. I'm also the Municiple Liason for the Fox Valley region. Last year we were challenged by a group from California to a weekend write-off. I'm going to have to see if they are up for it again this year. It was a blast. Plus, I have a secret weapon in Green Bay, if I can twist her arm into competiting again.