Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Writing Update

It's been awhile, but I've had a ton of things going on (and I'm much better this week than I was last week.)

Word Count on 6-24-06

Word Count on 8-18-06

Yep, that's it, the first draft. I have my paper copy printed and I'm tempted to weigh it at work on the UPS scale, but I won't. Instead, I'm going to take a two week break, write some poetry, a short or two and think about what I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo.org this year.

Starting September 1, I'm going to tackle revisions using Holly Lisle's One Pass Method for editing.

This is the fourth novel I've finished, but the first time I've done any serious editing. I confess I'm a little nervous, but excited. I really think I have a good story. My new goal is to have editing done by the end of October, and start submitting by the first of the year.

I owe thanks to the people who have been encouraging me along the way and setting goals with me. You know who you are.

No comments: