Monday, October 31, 2005

Great Books

The Times decided what the Greatest 100 Books of all Time are. Or at least, while they have been in publication.

I've read 12 of the 100.

  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
  • The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
  • Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Back in my wishing to impress days, I would have kept the list and checked out some of the titles to further pad my reading habits. Now I realize that the list is arbitrary (to a point) and my reading perference is no longer so cultured.

But it is still fun to compare.

No comments: