Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Bookworm Report, October 2005

This weather is just crazy. It's finally starting to feel like fall. I keep waiting to see four horsemen riding across the sky.

Crazy weather didn't stop me from reading this month.

Bookworm Review
Year Pages Books
2001 5,880 15
2002 3,073 9
2003 2,129 5
2004 2,862 8
2005 4,064 11

For the year, I’ve read X books, or X pages, which averages to X books a month, or X pages per month, and an average book length of X pages.

I'm starting NaNo today (in case you had forgotten or something.) Please don't expect regular posts. Any and all writing will be devoted to finishing my 50,000 pile of Crap Work of Wonderful Words. No padding will be allowed until I'm so far behind that I'll never get my nose above ground again.

What you can expect, however, is one of the seven book reviews I've already written (rather than waiting until the last moment like I normally do.) And periodic updates to the lovely progress table that I've made, but not yet posted. (Patience, grasshopper.)

As an extra special treat, I signed up to bring a long piece to my critique group on Dec. 17th. Which means that I have to have it printed by and handed out at the Dec. 3rd meeting. Which means I either need to find the grave site for my barely passable fantasy novel or hope to hell that this year's NaNo is decent enough to show with minimal editing. Of course, it might encourage some of them to take the challenge with me next year. I'm frightfully disappointed that they are not ruining the writing skills by excessives adverbs with me. (Poke, prode.)

Anyway, here's to a cheery November!

No comments: