Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Update on NaNo Progress

I've rolled over that crucial (for me) mark of >9,999 words to go. I was really upset that I didn't get more done yesterday. Every word is the mental equivalent of pulling teeth, without any good drugs. But today, when I started to update my table, I realized that I kicked more ass then I thought I did. So it was a good day. It just took me longer to realize it.

I'm seriously thinking about typing my novels instead of long handing them. I get so much more accomplished. I've found a way of carrying a laptop with me. Now I just need to convince Santa that I've been really nice this year.

Oshkosh was challenged by Santa Barbara and LA to see who's region could have the highest average word count per participant last weekend. LA whomped us with <7,000 words per typer on average. We (WI: Elsewhere) had 6,500 on average. Santa Barbara had 6,300. Next year, however, I've promised that we are going to beat LA. One participant had over 17,000 words. I still can't believe it. It was a great way to get word counts up.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: