Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Working at Work

I'm tired of working at work. I want to be one of those types that sits in their jammies all day and does fun things. I want to close big deals and hold conferences while doing laundry. I want to have a 19 inch LCD screen at my house, not at my job. I wish I worked for someone who would allow telecommuting. Hell, right now I'd even settle for a boss that talked to me on a somewhat regular basis. He operates more on the "if you don't hear from me, everything is good" philosophy. The best part about that, though, is I don't even work for him. I'm "on loan" to another department and have been for the last six months. My annual review is rapidly approaching. Should make for an interesting time. Especially when you consider that my supervisor reviews based on what he thinks should be done, rather than what is actually accomplished. Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Prahagirl said...

I can't say that I blame you. There are days that I just envy and wish for a job such as yours--a desk job--where I don't have to deal with parents etc. Hopefully your review will go well and maybe...just maybe a promotion would change that! Besides, who ever said that you couldn't start your own company--then you could DO telecommunicating etc and stay at home! Like that commercial with the woman in a conference with a room full of board members. At first she appears to be very professional and then the camera pans out and you see she is still in her PJ bottoms and the baby is playing on the floor--ah, too bad TV life isn't real life. :)