Wednesday, June 09, 2004

A Call to Respect

If has happened again. The office fridge is void of my icy cold soda. The long anticipated carbonation won’t be enjoyed with my luncheon feast. The affects of caffeine depravation are bound to kick in during the one o’clock meeting. Who took my soda?! What tormented soul would do such a thing? Is it one of the interns? The water bottle gossip? The know-it-all next door? Really, it’s a $0.50 can of pop. It shouldn’t matter this much. But it was right on top of my salad. It was obviously somebody’s, even though it didn’t have a label. Instead, I’m suffering through the lukewarm substitute that the reserve supply offered. The caffeine benefits are the same, even though the enjoyment level plummeted. Therefore, I urge you, respect your co-workers. If isn’t yours, don’t take it.

No comments: