Sunday, June 13, 2004

Freecycle is a better recycle

I belong to a group at Yahoo called Freecycle. The idea is rather than take it to the curb, offer it to people who might have a good home for it. The idea is fantastic. I've felt the benefits of someone else's generousity. The basketball hoop is great! Thanks again, Becky. But some people just don't get the concept. The postings today included a request for X-box games. Who is going to give away Xbox games? Get real. Or one guy was looking for a Palm. In spirit the postings are supposed to be giving, not requesting. It's okay to request, but of the 12 that resided in my folder, not one was an offer to give. Each one was looking for something for nothing. I'm not going to give up on it. I love the idea. As I go through the nooks and crannies of my house, I'm finding a few things to post. And perhaps, when the "wanted" aren't getting the results they want, the group will be left with those who understand the concepts of generousity and giving.

No comments: