Tuesday, June 15, 2004

The Dump Site

Lurking on the countertop of the ladies restroom in my department are several bottles of lotion, hairspray and soap that never decrease in volume. It is the old age home for unwanted toiletries. I myself have contributed to the items -- a bottle of lotion -- that was donated as a gift for my baby shower. The recipient of said lotion did not care for the scent. And, I must admit, it leaves the user feeling the urge to use lotion. Not a good recommendation. I hate to throw it out. And now that the baby is 11 months old and there it sits, waiting, content unchanged, I'm humored by its presence. Not one person has dared to try it, yet no one throws it away. I'm going to leave it there. Perhaps in ten or twelve years, when I'm a vice president, I'll get a chuckle when I return to the department and there it sits, along with all of the other unwanted jars and bottles that seem to accumulate on countertops everywhere.

No comments: