Wednesday, May 03, 2006

R.I.P. -- Compaq 1245, 5-2-2006

Your last moments were a worthwhile struggle. Starting up took everything out of you, but you never let me know. It wasn't until I start MS Word 97, that you failed. Opening the program simply overwhelmed you.

I appreciate the time we spent together more than you'll ever know. The late nights discovering interesting things on the web, chatting, exchanging photos. You remembered every story I ever told you. Even when I changed my mind and the wording.

When I think of the abuse you suffered in recent months, mostly inflicted by my 2yo, I'm sorry. More sorry than I ever realized at the time. If I had know the damage he was causing, I would have done more to keep him from stepping on you. Truly, I didn't know.

My favorite time, though, had to be when we worked through the challenges presented by my college professors. I will always treasure the time we spent together at the Klatsch.

Even though your death was sudden, I'm going to start looking for someone new. I just can't get along by myself. Having you for eight years has made me dependent on someone other than myself. I need another laptop. Even last night, the withdraw effects were extreme. I didn't write a single word. Not one of the 1,500 I thought I would produce.

I know that you're in a better place. I will learn to work with another. But, you'll always be my first.

Missing you,

Stacie

No comments: