Friday, May 12, 2006

Biography

Last night a few members of the Oshkosh Area Writers Club got together to write biographies for the back cover or dust jacket of their books. Some were clever, some tied nicely into the theme of the book, some were matter of fact.

The following was mine. And while I quite like it, I'm not as confident that everyone would.

Stacie Penney resides in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, with her husband, two sons, two dogs and possbily a pair of ducks, should they decide to return this year. In between dishes, laundry and researching Oshkosh's night life, she's stealing time to finish her next novel. You can catch-up with the recent event at Raspberry-Latte.blogspot.com

I like setting my books in Oshkosh. To me, it's relevant and needs to be mentioned that I do know the town. Most authors refer to their pets. I decided to also because we have a pair of wild ducks that use our tree for their nest; if there hadn't been any ducks, I probably would have skipped it. I'm a mom so I do steal time that some think should be spent in other areas. Cleaning house just isn't a priority.

One other member has a blog also and I do hope that she decides to post hers as I thought it was quite clever.

No comments: