Thursday, February 10, 2005

New Shoes

I'm not much of a shopper. I like to save my money and hate crowds. Plus, finding out that your pant size went up, even though your scale says you're down, is not labeled as "a good time" in my directory. But this weekend I hit TJMaxx in Appleton, one of two places I do like to look for clothes. If you're not familiar with TJMaxx, they buy stuff from other stores and sell it for cheaper. The catch is you never really know what will be there or what season it will be from. The other place I like is Kohl's. Sorry to leave you hanging there. TJMaxx is great for Christmas gifts. I usually find stuff that people will like that appeals to my frugal mind. This weekend's adventure occurred only because of another person in my party. (It's too soon to start shopping for Christmas, even for me.) While there, I found a pair of shoes that are fabulous. They work with dress pants, skirts or jeans (maybe jeans.) They were marked down to $11 from $75 (obviously a fashion from a previous season.) They fit as well as shoes ever do (My feet are too big for an 8 but too small for an 8 1/2. Go figure.) Today I wore them for the first time, outside of trying them on in the store. Did I mention that they have a 2 1/4 inch heel? Now I understand why I walk faster than almost every woman I know. Most of them wear shoes like this on a daily basis. Every step I take is about half of the size I normally would take. How in the *uck are you supposed to walk in these things and get to any place on time? They may end up in the back of my closet. I expect that they'll look rather sharp there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a former heel person, I now only wear them to a dressy event and then only if I can be assured I will only be sitting down most of the event. I own 2 pair, basic black and basic navy.

Aunt Kathy