Thursday, February 24, 2005

Happy Un-Birthday to Me...

Some birthdays are good. Others are great. My husband really came through this year and made it a great birthday. He spent the last several weeks searching for a walkman -- the tape playing kind. It seems that these are a rare and unique find in the world today. I want one though, as mine has taken a dump. I like to listen to audio books when I exercise; it keeps me motivated. (No, I can't be done yet, the killer is right around the corner. Another ten minutes on the treadmill and I'll stop.) Not being able to find one, he decided to get me an MP3 player. Not being a gadget guy, he decided to let me pick it out myself. Before I do, though, I want to see if I can find audiobooks in MP3 format, cos that would just kick ass. He also scored big points by getting me a four-pack of Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso & Cream. I love the stuff, but seldom get it. A) It's highly addictive and makes me run around like a chicken missing its head. B) It is some what spendy compared to other forms of caffiene. C) I just don't think about grabbing any. But I like it much and it made the perfect self-indulgent birthday gift. The other big point scorer was the purchase of a video game. He says it's cheesy, but I disagree. I'm a Harry Potter fan(atic). He's anti-video game. He got a copy of Quidditch World Cup for the PC. The significance of this gift is more than I can express. You'd have to know my husband to understand. The cards that accompanied the gift were wonderful as well. He really planned for this gift and I appreciate it. Major brownie points earned.

No comments: