Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Kids Drink...

Or at least they try to. The other night, I was having an adult beverage of choice (Mike's Hard Lemonade) when my littlest one sees that Momma is drinking something from a really cool bottle. He picks his way across the room, chanting "Bottle. Bottle." Which, by the way, is his form of saying, "I'm thirsty, dammit, give some to me too." "No, honey, this is mine. Not for you." He turns his big blue eyes to me and says, "Share." Hard to argue with that logic since it is the biggest lesson that we are teaching right now. My husband had the IDEA that saved us; by rinsing out a previously empty bottle and adding some fruit juice, the littlest one left my beverage alone as he was no longer deprived of a cool bottle to drink his own beverage out of.

No comments: