Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Trends

Google has a new search feature -- Hot Trends.

(Really, imagine that. One more way for Google to integrate themselves into our daily life.)

One of the features is to list the top ten trends on the front page, with the option to see up to 100. This might be a good thing for writers. You'd be able to see what's popular, track it, chart it, etc.

While I appreciate my Gmail account and customized Home page, I'm leery using one company for everything. I love competition in the market place. Maybe I've read too many sci-fi books where the world is run by a corporation. Maybe I'm paranoid. But someone else needs to be innovative like Google is.

2 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I feel sorta like that with Amazon. I'm always thinking...when did they start selling sports equipment, makeup, edible items??? What can't you buy on Amazon?

Stacie Penney said...

Another good example.

I miss specialty stores.