Monday, May 21, 2007

Saving Money During Laundry

I've been reading The Simple Dollar for a while, but this post really caught my eye.

I’ve been experimenting with making lots of cleaning supplies at home, but this one is by far the craziest - and the most successful. Basically, I made a giant bucket of slime that works incredibly well as laundry detergent at a cost of about three cents a load. For comparison’s sake, a jumbo container of Tide at Amazon.com costs $28.99 for 96 loads, or a cost of $0.30 a load. Thus, with each load of this stuff, I’m saving more than a quarter. Even better - I got to make a giant bucket of slime in the kitchen and my wife approved of it.

Tempting, isn't it? I haven't tried it out, but I'm interested. My husband would think I'm crazy, but I think that if stored the soap in old detergent containers, he might not ever notice.

Not that I would be deceptive like that...

:)

No comments: