Monday, February 12, 2007

White is for Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Title: White is for Magic

Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz

Genre: Paranormal

Summary: It's senior year and Stacey's nightmares are back. Not only is Maura haunting her still, but Veronica is doing her share as well. Is Jacob, a transfer student, really trying to help her?

The Take-Away: I have to admit, that I thought this was the first book in the series, but it's the second. I'm confused as to why Stacey is at a boarding school, but I did get a tiny hint. Bonus points to anyone that does some research or asks the author and reports back to me.

Stacey's nightmares aren't as clear cut this time. She has to rely on and trust others, something that doesn't come easy for her. At the high point in the novel, Stacey continues not trusting people. Without giving too much away, by staying in character, Stacey doesn't make the best decision. But it's true to herself. I imagine that this was agony to the author, but necessary.

Recommendation: You won't be ruin too much, if you start with this one, but the first title, Blue is for Nightmares, is great also.

Technorati tag:

No comments: