Friday, November 03, 2006

The Glasswright's Apprentice by Mindy L Klasky

I found a really cool new NaNo Widget. Check out my profile page.


Title: The Glasswright's Apprentice

Author: Mindy L Klasky

Genre: Fiction

Summary: In a daring moment, Rani Trader speaks up to protect her king, only to become an accomplice to murder.

The Take-Away: I spent most of the book confused. Who should I trust? The Touched Girl who takes Rani under her wing? The King's advisor, who is harboring one of Rani's fellow guildmembers and a fugitive? Rani's brother? The Fellowship that operates in the shadows?

I confess, my loyalties swayed as much or more than Rani's did. It wasn't until almost the end of the novel that I realized that the confusion I felt paralleled the confusion Rani felt (okay, not quite the end, but closer than I'm comfortable admiting.)

Mindy Klasky was able to do this because every new character really seemed to have the kingdom's and Rani's best interests at hand. The end of the novel ties the threads together before picking them apart to find the truth.

Fabulous, really.

Recommendation: Good enough to make me want to read the second one.

October Titles

Technorati tag:

No comments: