Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Finished at Last

People often ask me what the purpose of NaNo was. One part of it was that it convinced me that it was okay to finish a piece. I'm proud to say that I have completed my second novel. This one took a little longer to write. I started it during my last semster of college (Fall 2001.) The last words of the first draft were written on January 24, 2005. Whether that is happy or sad, I cannot say. I have another adventure that I'm going to embark upon in February -- the Curtis L Brown Writing Challenge. I need to have 2000 words on the topic "Job Application." The genre is open to anything -- prose, poetry, non-fiction, etc. As long as the postmark is dated 02-28-05, I'm a qualified entrant. After it's tagged and posted, I'll pick up the YA novel and start to look through it, make my notes, scene cards and edits. I'm giving myself a month for that. Then it is off to the very generous people who have offered to donate their time and editing skills. In some cases, they are being bribed or threatened, but hey, that's the fun of it, right? Then it is off to the publishers. (shiver) I can't believe I just said that. Gulp.

No comments: