Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Thoughts on NaNoWriMo

Some of the people I have found in the forums are wonderful. An amazing group of people, uniting for a purpose, for a cause. They seek like minded individuals, whose souls are in line with their goals. Individuals who will help them in their quest to reach 50,000 words by mignight, November 30th. What is magical about the word "midnight?" As I typed it, I got shivers down my spine. Silly really. It isn't even the darkest hour of the night. Anyone who has stayed up all night knows that it grows even darker until just before dawn. When those fingers of orange first reach over the horizon, renewal dawns. Midnight itself isn't as special as all that occurs between then and the darkest hour before dawn. Its magic lies in its beginning. Midnight signifies the start of another day, under the cover of the dark from the day before. For five or six hours, imagination runs free. Every delicious fear is indulged. Every naughty thought can be acted upon. Everyone is equal. Dark strips away color, race, rags and riches. Dark reveals who you truly are. Halloween celebrates these truths. Go forth, witches and wizards, on this night of dark. Tomorrow is soon enough to don the hat of mother, father, boss, student, teacher. Tonight, indulge in your other side. Boy, did this ever end on a tangent.

2 comments:

Prahagirl said...

I miss having these crazy tangent conversations with you on a regular basis...wanna grab a cup of chai? lol

Stacie Penney said...

You won't believe where I found good chai -- the Shell station down the street from us. It tastes like Big Train's spiced. And it's cheap. Really cheap. Like 97 cents cheap. While it's been some time since I had a guarenteed Big Train, I can't tell the difference.

I was even digging in their cupboards to find the supply box just so I could check.

s.