Thursday, September 02, 2004

Late Posting

Sorry this posting is so late. My brain is dead. I am having a terrible time of thinking anything that is even remotely witty or funny or a sentence. A noun and a verb are truly all that is needed, but even that seems like a chore. I think it is due to the burnout I am experiencing at work. I have a really dead end job. And a boss who is non-existant. In fact, he took off for two weeks, overseas and didn't mention it to the very people he is to be supervising. I'd like to say that I was surprised, but I can't. Especially as it is not the first time he has done it. Outraged at his rudeness is what I am, but not surprised. And it's not like I'm not looking for something else, something I'd like. I am. I just can't find a job that will let me read books all day long. At least not one around here. And moving to any place that has publishing is out of the question. Kids and families are not condusive to that sort of thing. Thanks for listening -- er, reading -- to me rant.

2 comments:

Prahagirl said...

Hey stace...I must say that I understand burnout...been there. Things will work out best for you in time. You know that you and your family are always in my prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

You know, there should be jobs where publishing houses send you a manuscript for a book, you read it, and give them feedback. I know that most companies have editors or whatever that do this particular job, but it would be far more interesting to have a layperson's opinion about a book. Afterall, there are jobs that require people to play video games to test them out before they are released, why aren't there a slew of people to do the same for books? Tensie