Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts

Title: Dance of the Gods

Author: Nora Roberts

Genre: Fantasy

Summary: The Circle of Six is complete and starts the next phase of their training - preparing their army.

The Take-Away: The point of view problem has been worked out in this title. Every new section was clearly identified. I have to think that the first novel was either a fluke or a new technique.

The main female character in this book reminded me quite a bit of a friend of mine. I have no clue how Roberts described Blair Murphy because I kept thinking of my friend. It didn't bother me the least, but I've never had a character drawn so closely in personality to someone I know. It was eerie.

The stakes are raised in a rather predictable fashion that was laid out from the onset - the Circle needs to train an Army in a land that should only exist in faerie tales. The Kingdom of Geall, however, is the homeland of the male MC (who isn't nearly as memorable as Blair, yet equally suited to her.) While the myth of vampires is a well-known our world, the people of Geall refuse to believe it, even when their neighbors fall victim to Lilith's scouts.

Recommendation: Again, wait until the third is out and curl up with all three over a weekend.

Bonus Review: Morrigan's Cross, Book One

October Titles

Technorati tag:

No comments: