Friday, January 28, 2005

My Music

I confess I don't listen to as much music as I would like. Generally it's during the 5-10 minute commute and most of that is talk or commercials. As I grow older, I find that my musical tastes are being influenced by the dubious choices of my capricious husband. I recently found my radio tuned to one of the numerous country stations - a by-product of sharing one’s vehicle with those who have less discerning tastes that my own. Normally, I'm a 90s kind of girl. As I pointed the nose of my truck to work, I was distracted by the norm - other drivers; the baby in the back; remembering what was on my to-do list for the day. It wasn't until I was pulling into the baby-sitter's driveway that I realized that not only was I listening to country - I was singing along with the correct words. It's over, folks. I'm converted. The song was Toby Keith's "How do you like me now?" I must confess, I liked him well enough. Too well, truth be told. There's no room for the truth here.

1 comment:

Prahagirl said...

Ha! I knew you would be converted one day!
That's okay...I unfortunately have been also...but mine is not because of the husband factor, but of the "living-in-the-middle-nowhere" factor.