Monday, January 24, 2005

Good Hair Day

I have naturally curly hair that presents several different styling problems every day. I've read some of the lastest fashion magazines and all offer a variation on the same advice. Wash every other day (once a week, every three days, never). If shampooing, only shampoo the roots. Apply conditioner to ends only (roots to ends, middle to ends). Don't rinse conditioner (only partially rinse conditioner). Etc. etc. I've tried a few of the variations with little or no success. I even tried the wash-every-other-day thing. I ended up with really flat hair on the top and fuzzy on the ends. Not good. I've tried various brand name styling products with little luck. Tired of spending a fortune on something that doesn't really work, I decided to try Physique's curl forming lotion, which promises to manage and control the frizzies leaving the user with shiny, nice-shaped curls. Today is the first day of usuage. I'm having a good hair day. In the winter, I tend to have dry hair prone to static electricity. Fun when you are a kid, not so fun as an adult. In the summer, I have oily roots and dry ends. If this stuff helps both of those conditions, I'm going to buy a case of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After spending untold hundreds of dollars on salon haircare products, I now wash my hair with the shampoo that our water softener company gave us when we had the water softener installed (I have several gallons of the free shampoo) and I buy cheapo Infusium 23 conditioner at the drugstore. My hair looks perfectly fine and now I kick myself that I ever fell for the expensive stuff.

- Jane
http://averagejane.blogs.com