Monday, January 03, 2005

Bookworm Report, December 2004

After the stress of NaNo and preparation for the holidays, I took some time from work and dived into a few fantasy novels. I've enjoyed Patricia Wrede's "Enchanted Forest" series before. The other novels by her were a grand combination of London during the height of "The Season" and The Ton but with the added advantage of magic for the characters. For the month of December, I read 4,647 pages or 15 books. In 2001, I read 4,032 pages/14 books; 2002, 2,017 pages/4 books; 2003, 1,305 pages/4 books. Secret Admirer by Patricia MacDonald Hot Ice by Nora Roberts Magician's Ward by Patricia C. Wrede Calling on Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede Talking to Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede Population: 485 by Michael Perry Sorcery & Cecelia or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot by Patricia C. Wrede & Caroline Stevermer Book of Enchantments by Patricia C. Wrede The Grand Tour by Patricia C. Wrede & Caroline Stevermer Night Fall by Nelson DeMille Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks Sleeping Beauty by Philip Margolin Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke Why They Killed Big Boy by Michael Perry For 2004, I read 94 books, or 33,910 pages, which averages to 8 books a month, or 2,826 pages per month, and an average book length of 361 pages. The new year is looking good for reading. For Christmas I received some gift cards, including Barnes & Noble. The Oshkosh Public Library has been great with their on-line request services. I save myself some time by going to their site and requesting books instead of browsing the stacks. I get alerts from some other online services, like Barnes & Noble. And I check out the new arrivals section too. I have some comments about the books I read this month that I'll use for fodder this week. But all of it will be worthwhile, I promise. Happy New Year and cheers to good books and those that create them!

No comments: