Tuesday, November 23, 2004

NaNo Update

I am approaching the end! I have 39,408 words under my belt. I am 79% complete. Another 11,000 words and I am good. As I have said before, I have an outline I am working from (it's legal by the NaNo rules) but my storyline has deviated from it. It is still working for me, but I never had an ending. Last night, on my way to Sluggers for the WPKR / Packers Radio show, I had a break through and know how it is going to end. I will honor requests to read the completed story, but I have to warn you that I drew very heavily from the people I know and have known. The events are purely my imagination, but I have borrowed bits and piece of people that I have admired, hated and didn't know what to do with. I will need some time to do some editting, cos in the current version, I might be using their names. Don't worry, I was only really mean to people who I know are not, and will never be, requesting to see it when completed. Right now my main focus is making sure that the story ends. The goal is to hit 50,000, but also to have an ending. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it to both of those things.

No comments: