Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I'm a Purple Bar Winner

My Purple Bar shouts to the world that I am capable of writing 50,000 words in one month and producing a complete story. So what if it needs major work and editing since it is probably crap? I did it! I decided to be an over-achiever and write a little more, just incase. I went over by 51 words. Some could argue that the chapter titles don't count, but I would rebutt with "So what if it isn't story line. It's still content." Still others would contend that my practice of uncontractionizing my contractions doesn't count either. But I checked the rules and the forums. Survey says that it is Okay. I'm okay with what the survey says. I plan to do some editing, because as I have indictated before, I drew heavily from some of the people and places that I have known. I should be able to start on this during Christmas shut down. For those of you eagerly awaiting the conclusion of Cady's story, I'm picking up the pen again for that opus. If I can write a complete novel in one month and have 50,000 words for my readers, by goodness I can finish this story. Of course, first drafts are often less than perfect. The first goal will be completion. The second, perfection. Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement, good thoughts and good karma. I am feeling really proud of myself at the moment. Normal blogging activities should resume tomorrow.

1 comment:

Prahagirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS STACE! You have EVERY right to be proud of yourself! I can't wait to get a read :)
Kelli