Monday, August 30, 2004

Finding Carpet in the Living Room

The weekend was somewhat productive. I found my living room carpet again. It was under the Little Peoples, Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, blocks, books, blankets, and crumbs. The crumbs were what started the search. Vacuuming was desparately needed. The kids hate it when I pick up. It usually occurs when they go down for a nap or outside to play. While they are occupied, I capture every last toy and return it to its proper container, shelf or basket. Then the vacuum comes out and picks up the microscopic pieces that were left over. Unless the dog got to the crumbs first, that is. When they get back inside, frantic to play with the various toys that had been out, they inevitably groan and say, "Oh man." (Translation -- now I have to take everything out again and make a bigger mess so she won't clean it next time.) Ah, the joy of kids.

No comments: