Monday, July 19, 2004

No Phone Service

As I am tired of everyone in my house complaining about my ISP being incredibly slow, I weighed the options of fast service vs. the cost of service.  While I'm not upgrading to the 3 gig service provided by the location broadband, I did find a nice DSL package that was reasonable for the amount of time we spend on the Internet.

I made all necessary arrangements and submitted the application.  On Friday the technician tests my line and says its fine; expect the modem in a few days.

My line may be fine for DSL, but it sucks for the telephone. Ever since he was there I have had no phone service. It makes everything a bit tricky as this is the time of the month that all the credit cards are due and I depend upon my internet connection to keep my buddies Discover and Mastercard happy.  So, instead, we used cell phones all weekend and will continue to do so until further notice. If you tried to call over the weekend, sorry, we weren't intentionally ignoring you...maybe (tee-hee).

No comments: