Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3: Writing Books I Recommend

Thirteen Writing Books I Would Recommend

  1. The Courage to Write by Ralph Keyes
  2. No Plot, No Problem by Chris Baty
  3. Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynn Truss
  4. Mugging the Muse by Holly Lisle
  5. Telling Lies for Fun and Profit by Lawrence Block
  6. Flirting with Pride & prejudice : fresh perspectives on the original chick-lit masterpiece by Jennifer Crusie
  7. Write great fiction : plot & structure : techniques and exercises for crafting a plot that grips readers from start to finish by James Scott Bell
  8. Ten Percent of Nothing by Jim Fisher
  9. Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maas
  10. On Writing by Stephen King
  11. Create a Character Clinic by Holly Lisle
  12. How I write: secrets of a serial fiction writer by Janet Evanovich
  13. The Writing Clinic by Kelly Nickell
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
  1. Something Baby Blue
  2. Almost Somewhat Positive
  3. Jenny Ryan
  4. My Many Colored Crayons
  5. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


My previous Thirteens

5 comments:

Jane said...

That is an impressive list. I am reading Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott. It is about writing too.

Stacie Penney said...

I love that one! I can't believe that I forgot it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I always love book recommendations.

Mary said...

Ooooh! This 13 is so helpful to me, you don't even know. I am restarting a book I started 10 years ago... from memory because I deleted it. :( What a ding dong, LOL! Happy TT!

ms blue said...

To write an interesting work of fiction is dream. I should check out your recommendations.