Friday, December 29, 2006

Sleep Tight by Anne Frasier

Title: Sleep Tight

Author: Anne Frasier

Genre: Thriller

Summary: FBI agent Mary Cantrell is sent to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to complete the profile for a serial killer who may be her best friend's murderer.

The Take-Away: The beginning was a little rough as the story switched from Mary to her sister Gillian. I didn't have a firm grasp of who was which and was confused during the first switch. Of course, since I read it during NaNo the confusion could be directly related to my sleep deprivation.

The writing is intriquing, with the story twists and plot lines tangling together. I especially enjoyed the relationship between the sisters, and Mary and her mother. That, more than the discovering who the killer was, kept me going in the story.

The amount of research and level of detail, both for the Minneapolis area and the work of an FBI agent was great. I felt like I knew the protocol that should be followed, along with the insider details. Since I'm not an FBI agent, I haven't a clue as to whether or not Fraiser did get it right, but I believed it.

Recommendation: Read it with the lights on.

November Titles

Technorati tag:

No comments: