Monday, July 10, 2006

The Prey by Allison Brennan

Title: The Prey

Author: Allison Brennan

Genre: Mystery

Summary: An ex-FBI agent turned writer thought she sealed her past and protected her future. A serial killer uses the plots of her novels to create the details of his crime scenes. Except one of them isn't from the novels but her past.

The Take-Away: Totally intriqued. Even before I read the book, I kept hearing, seeing, reading about Allison Brennan and how fantastic her new trilogy was. Except the last book hadn't been published when I first heard about her.

After I got it, I understood why. While Rowan's life should be picture perfect -- Hollywood's making a movie of her book, she staying in a beautiful house with a fantastic view -- it shatters with one well-tossed stone.

Because she doesn't know which scene will be next, Rowan is frozen. Someone is watching her and she knows it. She realizes that she is the killers prey.

I was able to guess the identity of the bad guy rather easily. I can't always, not because I'm bad at figuring it out, I don't think to do so, outside of where the characters own discoveries lead me. I had to wonder what book two would be like.

Recommendation: Get it. Devour it. And hope that the next one is in your TBR stack when you close this one.

Bonus Review: Three Part Interview by Writer Unboxed

Everything else in June

Technorati tag:

No comments: