Thursday, July 27, 2006

Do you have Regrets?

I decided when I was 18 or 19 to live my life so I would have no regrets. For the most part, I don't. Okay, I have two, but considering that I'm approaching 30, I'm doing pretty good. Both of my regrets tie directly back to a single personality trait, so I'm working on that "flaw" instead.

But Collision Detection recently posted about a study done by the researchers at Columbia University that states:

...in the long run, people tend to regret having missed out on opportunities for pleasure -- and they wish they hadn't been so diligent about working. What's more, our attitudes reverse over time. In the short run, we're proud of our ability to work hard and delay gratification. But years later, we regret that choice.

The researchers focused on working goals versus partying. Clive's entry is pretty interesting and worth a look through.

No comments: