Wednesday, March 23, 2005

From Phillip Andrews (Urgent Reply)

I'm going to be having some fun with scammers. This piece showed up in my spam box about an hour ago. I also had the same message on 3-21, but didn't notice it as I don't check my spam box every day. There are a plethora of sites that play around with scammers. I decided to do the same. I'll post the dialogue as it occurs. Here's an excerpt of the first standard message:

Hello, Greetings to you my dear friend,It is obvious that this proposal will come to you as a suprise.Its because we have not met before, but I am sending you this email in regards of the fund transfer opportunity that will be of mutual benefit to the two of us. I am Barrister Phillip Andrews,the personal Attorney to the late Senator Paul lane Wellstone, a Citizen of the United states. On the 25th of October 2002, my client,his wife and their three children were involved in a fatal Plane Crash on their way home. Unfortunately they all lost their lives including other people in the Plane.Since then I have made several enquiries to several Embassies to locate any of my clients extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace and locate any member of his family but of no avail,hence I contacted you.
Because, afterall a random stranger is better than anyone else when trying to misappropriate funds. The plane crash really did happen, but in Northern Minnesota during his campaigning. My response:
Mr. Andrews, Gosh, was I ever surprised to receive your email. I was in my junior year of high school when that crash happened. Imagine, an important senator like that having no will or any way to take care of his wealth when it happened. Course, he probably didn't expect it, him being so young and all. I'd be glad to help. Let me know what I can do. Stacie
Let the games begin!

No comments: