Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Great Inside Joke

Three weeks ago, my oldest spent some time in the hospital with pneumonia. (He's better, thanks. Back to his normal troublesome self.) At the same time, the youngest was sick with the indeterminable cough/cold/fever that he has had four or five times this winter. Needless to say, I was a little distracted. When my brother called last night, to give me a bad time about not calling to let him and his wife know, I took the ribbing with a smile. Not becaue I'm good natured, you see, but rather because he was calling me on my birthday and forgot that it was. I called him back about a half hour or so after he had hung up, to point out the error of his ways in harrassing me. Moral: Before giving someone a bad time, make sure that they have nothing to give you a bad time about.

No comments: