Wednesday, October 13, 2004

More detail about the recently suffered loss

Oshkosh Truck loses out on big contract screams the headline from the Milwaukee Journal Senteniel. As stated, it does effect the company quite a bit. The piece that interested me the most was the bit by Kent Mortensen. "They had already declared Oshkosh the winner, subject to approval at the political level," said Kent Mortensen, an aerospace and defense industries analyst with Thrivent Investment Management in Appleton. "I suspect that things happened at the political level that hurt them. Six months ago, I would not even have brought up MAN as a serious competitor." I was hired at Truck to work in the Bid and Proposal department. Loosing something that I worked on so hard is really tough. I spent long hours on this thing. I hope that we hear more as to why soon.

No comments: