Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Cheet by Anna Davis

Title: Cheet

Author: Anna Davis

Genre: Chick Lit

Summary: A cab driver balances each love interested with a color-coded phone system and a carefully updated calendar until one man breaks all the unwritten rules.

The Take-Away: Normally, I like to have an ending when I read a book. This one didn't wrap up the details, but enough of them were concluded to leave the impression and direction of the characters without stating it directly.

The setting is London, which makes certain details not sit right in my mind, but easily chalked off to national differences. I do wonder, though, if it comes from an attempt to "Americanize" the novel; I've had this feeling with other British books.

Recommendation: If it's still on the discount table at Barnes and Noble, check it out.

No comments: