Monday, May 24, 2004

Waiting for Access

More days than not, my work is on a computer. And more days than not, I sit and wait for it to process. Usually I don’t mind. I work on “personal” projects in the mean time, for instance, my writing. But today, I’m trying to archive information from Microsoft Access. I don’t know what is causing the slow running sequence, but it is pushing my limits of “what can I do while the computer works” creativity. I’ve updated as much as I care to on my PDA, I’ve visited with co-workers as much as I care to, I’ve cleaned out the miscellaneous papers and notes that roost on my desk. I’m really at a loss. It’s only a matter of time before one of my co-workers notices that I’m not doing much and started writing nasty notes about me. I really should try to be nicer to them.

No comments: